- Recent Articles
- TOP 5 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN THE WARMEST JACKETS
- WHY DO YOU NEED COLD WEATHER BIB OVERALLS?
- 5 ALL WEATHER JACKETS YOU CAN WEAR IN ANY SEASON
- 5 WORK SWEATSHIRTS AND HOODIES THAT ARE PERFECT FOR FALL TEMPERATURES
- 7 OF THE BEST WORK JACKETS FOR MEN
- 8 BEST HIGH-VISIBILITY JACKETS FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS
- COVERALLS vs. BIBS: WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
- HOW AND WHY TO CHOOSE A PUFFER JACKET
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST INSULATED BIB OVERALLS
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT FLEECE JACKET
- BEST INSULATED GEAR FOR WOMEN
- OUTWORK ANY WEATHER WITH PREMIUM JACKETS
- THE BEST PANTS FOR COLD WEATHER
- TOP 7 FEATURES OF A SUBZERO SWEATSHIRT
- WHAT ARE THE BEST SWEATSHIRTS TO WEAR FOR COLD WEATHER?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DOWN JACKET AND A PUFFER JACKET?
- WHY AND WHEN TO WEAR A VEST FOR WARMTH
- TOP 4 OPTIONS FOR SPRING AND FALL GEAR
- 3 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HIVIS WORKWEAR
- TOP 5 MUST-HAVE FEATURES FOR RAINWEAR
- WHY DO YOU NEED A FREEZER SUIT IN THE GROCERY BUSINESS?
- WHY YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR BREATHABILITY AND WICKABILITY IN COLD WEATHER WORKWEAR
- 6 MOST DURABLE COLD WEATHER WORK BOOTS FOR MEN
- CASE STUDY: KEEPING CREWS ON THEIR FEET WITH PROPER FOOTWEAR
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE WORKBOOT
- HOW TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR WORK BOOTS
- HOW TO FIND THE PERFECT WORK BOOTS FOR LANDSCAPING
- THE SCIENCE BEHIND MOISTURE-WICKING SOCKS
- YOUR FEET WILL THANK YOU FOR WEARING THESE WORK BOOTS
- 5 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST WORK BOOT
- TOP 5 WATERPROOF WORK GLOVES
- 5 UTILITY GLOVES THAT KEEP YOU WARM IN EXTREME COLD
- GIVE COLD THE FINGER: TOP 5 FEATURES OF PREMIUM GLOVES
- HOW TO USE GLOVE LINERS
- TOP 3 ADVANTAGES OF PERFORMANCE GLOVES
- 3 WAYS TOUCHSCREEN GLOVES MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER
- TOP 4 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN WATERPROOF GLOVES
- HOW TO WEAR GLOVE LINERS ON THE JOB
- 9 WORK GLOVES BUILT FOR SERIOUS PROTECTION AND PERFORMANCE
- 9 MUST-HAVE FEATURES FOR WAREHOUSE WORK GLOVES
- Use & Care
- 10 ESSENTIAL PIECES OF COLD WEATHER GEAR FOR FARMERS
- 10 TIPS FOR WORKING SAFELY IN COLD WEATHER
- 3 REASONS WHY FREEZER SUITS ARE ESSENTIAL FOR WORKING IN THE COLD
- A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO WORKING OUTSIDE
- ADVANTAGES OF SYNTHETIC INSULATION
- COLD WEATHER GEAR FOR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
- HOW TO AVOID DRAFTS IN COLD WEATHER WORK CLOTHES
- HOW TO STAY WARM FROM HEAD TO TOE IN COLD WEATHER
- HOW TO STAY WARM ON THE JOB SITE
- HOW TO STORE WINTER WORKWEAR FOR THE SUMMER
- HOW TO USE REFRIGIWEAR COMFORT RATINGS TO CHOOSE INSULATED GEAR
- THE HEALTH RISKS OF WEARING TOO MUCH COLD WEATHER GEAR
- THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER FOOT CARE WHEN WORKING IN THE COLD
- THE ULTIMATE SAFETY CHECKLIST FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS IN COLD CONDITIONS
- WHAT SHOULD I WEAR FOR SNOWMOBILING?
- WHAT’S THE TOUGHEST GEAR FOR COLD WEATHER?
- WHICH TYPE OF SLEEVE IS RIGHT FOR YOUR WINTER ACTIVITY?
- TOP 5 COLDEST AMERICAN CITIES AND HOW TO STAY WARM
- TOP 4 TIPS FOR WORKING IN THE RAIN
- 5 TIPS FOR MOTORCYCLING IN WINTER
- HOW TO DRESS FOR THE COLD IN 4 EASY STEPS
- A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO STAYING WARM WHILE WORKING IN THE COLD
- HOW TO STAY WARM WHEN WORKING IN THE COLD
ADVANTAGES OF SYNTHETIC INSULATION
Fur. Goose down. Wool. There are a lot of natural materials that help keep us warm. But when it comes to days that start before the sun comes up and end after it goes down, you need insulation that’s lighter, tougher and warmer: synthetic insulation.
Let’s take a look at how synthetic insulation works and why it’s better than natural options.
The Basics of Insulation Technology
All insulation works the same way – it creates air pockets that trap heat next to your body. It also prevents cold air from getting through the barrier to your skin.
Synthetic insulation in jackets is made of tiny fibers that are great at forming pockets for trapping air. Not only does it provide warmth just like goose down or wool, it lasts longer – through tough days, long nights and more washes.
Why is Synthetic Insulation Better?
The many talented engineers and scientists who developed synthetic insulation designed it to address some of the disadvantages of down. Down can be expensive and bother the folks who have allergies. Synthetic insulation, on the other hand, is cost-effective and hypoallergenic. The biggest disadvantage of down? It becomes dramatically less effective at keeping you warm when it gets wet.
Even with water-resistant coatings, synthetic is still the gold standard for moisture-resistant insulation technology. If you think you’ll be encountering wet weather or working in an environment with lots of moisture, then insulated jackets with synthetic technology is your best friend.
Insulation Innovation from RefrigiWear®
RefrigiWear® creates industrial-strength insulated jackets for people who can’t be slowed down by the cold. We developed our own insulation method and combined it with the latest advancements in durable, breathable fabrics to create jackets that perform in the most demanding conditions.
We offer dozens of models of insulated jackets for men and insulated jackets for women, each designed with industry-leading features, such as:
Extreme Softshell Jacket
The Extreme Softshell Jacket is the warmest jacket out there. With a comfort rating down to -60°F – no, that’s not a joke – it features dual-zipper climate control and all the little extras you need for ultimate comfort. The result? A jacket that will help you make Mother Nature say uncle.
As you can probably guess from the name, this isn’t a windbreaker. The Siberian™ is one of our most rugged models—perfect for when you need the toughest and warmest protection in the harshest conditions. A soft fleece collar adds the perfect touch of comfort.
Water-Repellent Softshell Jacket
When you need industrial-grade durability without sacrificing mobility, this softshell jacket delivers. It’s seriously warm, with 300g insulating power, and it features an ultra-light, ultra-tough outershell. A zip-up collar and drawcord hem create a protective seal for your body against the cold.
Lightweight Diamond Quilted Jacket
This light and ultra-comfortable jacket provides great protection at above-freezing temperatures. It offers 180g insulation and bound seams for improved draft resistance. With its slim, flattering profile and orange accents, it’s also a stylish look that’s not just for work.
Shop More Insulated Work Coats
When it comes to insulation, synthetic doesn’t mean “knock-off.” It means advanced protection engineered to provide warmth that can stand up to the wear and tear of your toughest days.