- Recent Articles
- TOP 5 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN THE WARMEST JACKETS
- WHY DO YOU NEED COLD WEATHER BIB OVERALLS?
- 5 ALL WEATHER JACKETS YOU CAN WEAR IN ANY SEASON
- 5 WORK SWEATSHIRTS AND HOODIES THAT ARE PERFECT FOR FALL TEMPERATURES
- 7 OF THE BEST WORK JACKETS FOR MEN
- 8 BEST HIGH-VISIBILITY JACKETS FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS
- COVERALLS vs. BIBS: WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
- HOW AND WHY TO CHOOSE A PUFFER JACKET
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST INSULATED BIB OVERALLS
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT FLEECE JACKET
- BEST INSULATED GEAR FOR WOMEN
- OUTWORK ANY WEATHER WITH PREMIUM JACKETS
- THE BEST PANTS FOR COLD WEATHER
- TOP 7 FEATURES OF A SUBZERO SWEATSHIRT
- WHAT ARE THE BEST SWEATSHIRTS TO WEAR FOR COLD WEATHER?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DOWN JACKET AND A PUFFER JACKET?
- WHY AND WHEN TO WEAR A VEST FOR WARMTH
- TOP 4 OPTIONS FOR SPRING AND FALL GEAR
- 3 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HIVIS WORKWEAR
- TOP 5 MUST-HAVE FEATURES FOR RAINWEAR
- WHY DO YOU NEED A FREEZER SUIT IN THE GROCERY BUSINESS?
- WHY YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR BREATHABILITY AND WICKABILITY IN COLD WEATHER WORKWEAR
- 6 MOST DURABLE COLD WEATHER WORK BOOTS FOR MEN
- CASE STUDY: KEEPING CREWS ON THEIR FEET WITH PROPER FOOTWEAR
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE WORKBOOT
- HOW TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR WORK BOOTS
- HOW TO FIND THE PERFECT WORK BOOTS FOR LANDSCAPING
- THE SCIENCE BEHIND MOISTURE-WICKING SOCKS
- YOUR FEET WILL THANK YOU FOR WEARING THESE WORK BOOTS
- 5 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST WORK BOOT
- TOP 5 WATERPROOF WORK GLOVES
- 5 UTILITY GLOVES THAT KEEP YOU WARM IN EXTREME COLD
- GIVE COLD THE FINGER: TOP 5 FEATURES OF PREMIUM GLOVES
- HOW TO USE GLOVE LINERS
- TOP 3 ADVANTAGES OF PERFORMANCE GLOVES
- 3 WAYS TOUCHSCREEN GLOVES MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER
- TOP 4 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN WATERPROOF GLOVES
- HOW TO WEAR GLOVE LINERS ON THE JOB
- 9 WORK GLOVES BUILT FOR SERIOUS PROTECTION AND PERFORMANCE
- 9 MUST-HAVE FEATURES FOR WAREHOUSE WORK GLOVES
- Use & Care
- 10 ESSENTIAL PIECES OF COLD WEATHER GEAR FOR FARMERS
- 10 TIPS FOR WORKING SAFELY IN COLD WEATHER
- 3 REASONS WHY FREEZER SUITS ARE ESSENTIAL FOR WORKING IN THE COLD
- A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO WORKING OUTSIDE
- ADVANTAGES OF SYNTHETIC INSULATION
- COLD WEATHER GEAR FOR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
- HOW TO AVOID DRAFTS IN COLD WEATHER WORK CLOTHES
- HOW TO STAY WARM FROM HEAD TO TOE IN COLD WEATHER
- HOW TO STAY WARM ON THE JOB SITE
- HOW TO STORE WINTER WORKWEAR FOR THE SUMMER
- HOW TO USE REFRIGIWEAR COMFORT RATINGS TO CHOOSE INSULATED GEAR
- THE HEALTH RISKS OF WEARING TOO MUCH COLD WEATHER GEAR
- THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER FOOT CARE WHEN WORKING IN THE COLD
- THE ULTIMATE SAFETY CHECKLIST FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS IN COLD CONDITIONS
- WHAT SHOULD I WEAR FOR SNOWMOBILING?
- WHAT’S THE TOUGHEST GEAR FOR COLD WEATHER?
- WHICH TYPE OF SLEEVE IS RIGHT FOR YOUR WINTER ACTIVITY?
- TOP 5 COLDEST AMERICAN CITIES AND HOW TO STAY WARM
- TOP 4 TIPS FOR WORKING IN THE RAIN
- 5 TIPS FOR MOTORCYCLING IN WINTER
- HOW TO DRESS FOR THE COLD IN 4 EASY STEPS
- A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO STAYING WARM WHILE WORKING IN THE COLD
- HOW TO STAY WARM WHEN WORKING IN THE COLD
WHY YOU NEED A FACEMASK FOR COLD WEATHER WORK
It doesn’t matter if you work in utilities, in construction, or on the farm – when you’re nose-to-nose with the cold, you’d better mask up.
Most standard cold weather workwear provides protection for everything but the face. So your face often takes more of a beating than the rest of your body when you’re facing intense wind, snow, sleet and rain. If you spend any portion of your workday outside during the winter, it’s a good idea to wear a face mask to protect your nose, ears and head from the dangers of the cold.
Whatever your climate or working conditions, RefrigiWear® has the perfect ski mask or insulated balaclava to keep you warm. From gaiters to 3-hole masks, our face masks are made with cold-busting materials like Polartec® fleece and ultra-protective laminated fabrics. Some have upgraded features like moisture-wicking linings and removeable mouthpieces with breathing holes.
You just won’t find other face masks that can hand the cold you face quite like ours. RefrigiWear® offers traditional ski masks and balaclavas, but you’ll also find convertible masks that allow you to wear them as a gaiter, a full-face mask, or as a full balaclava with an insulated skull cap.
Why Do You Need a Face Mask at Work?
No matter which kind of RefrigiWear® mask you choose, you can be sure it will help you face whatever the day throws at you. Here are 4 reasons why you should never leave for work without your trusty winter mask:
Face Masks Prevent Cold Stress
Your face is more sensitive to temperature changes than the rest of your body. Your nose and ears are always the first thing to get uncomfortable when you’re out in the cold, right? Having a cold face adds stress to the body and makes us feel colder than we actually are.
Face Masks Protect Your Skin
It’s probably the last thing on your mind when you’re trudging through a busy workday, but your skin deserves protection just like the rest of you. Extreme temperatures and wind whipping against your face can cause severe dryness and cracked skin that leaves you vulnerable to infections.
Face Masks Help Meet Safety Requirements
Although the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) doesn’t set forth specific standards for most workwear in cold environments, they do specifically recommend wearing a knit mask to cover the face and mouth. OSHA also recommends at least three layers of loose-fitting clothing (tight clothing can reduce blood circulation, which is vital in cold weather), plus a hat, gloves and insulated, waterproof boots. You’re not going to be penalized for not following these standards, but it’s still good practice to follow OSHA regulations while on the job.
Face Masks Help with Hydration
It seems strange, but did you know that wearing face masks can help keep your airways moist? When you’re constantly exposed to dry, cold air, it can trigger dryness in your mouth, nose and throat, which leads to coughing and pain. If you’ve noticed these symptoms when you’re working outside, make sure to select a mask that covers the mouth and nose, such as our Performance Balaclava that helps fight dryness. Don’t worry – it still offers easy breathing, thanks to the mouthpiece with breathing holes.
In Your Face, Cold Weather
When the weather is quite literally in your face, make sure you’re protected from head to toe. RefrigiWear® specializes in the warmest insulated workwear for everyone who must brave the cold, including a broad selection of insulated caps, ski masks, balaclavas, gaiters and face masks. Trust RefrigiWear® for all of your cold weather workwear.