- Recent Articles
- TOP 5 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN THE WARMEST JACKETS
- WHY DO YOU NEED COLD WEATHER BIB OVERALLS?
- 5 ALL WEATHER JACKETS YOU CAN WEAR IN ANY SEASON
- 5 WORK SWEATSHIRTS AND HOODIES THAT ARE PERFECT FOR FALL TEMPERATURES
- 7 OF THE BEST WORK JACKETS FOR MEN
- 8 BEST HIGH-VISIBILITY JACKETS FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS
- COVERALLS vs. BIBS: WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
- HOW AND WHY TO CHOOSE A PUFFER JACKET
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST INSULATED BIB OVERALLS
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT FLEECE JACKET
- BEST INSULATED GEAR FOR WOMEN
- OUTWORK ANY WEATHER WITH PREMIUM JACKETS
- THE BEST PANTS FOR COLD WEATHER
- TOP 7 FEATURES OF A SUBZERO SWEATSHIRT
- WHAT ARE THE BEST SWEATSHIRTS TO WEAR FOR COLD WEATHER?
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DOWN JACKET AND A PUFFER JACKET?
- WHY AND WHEN TO WEAR A VEST FOR WARMTH
- TOP 4 OPTIONS FOR SPRING AND FALL GEAR
- 3 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HIVIS WORKWEAR
- TOP 5 MUST-HAVE FEATURES FOR RAINWEAR
- WHY DO YOU NEED A FREEZER SUIT IN THE GROCERY BUSINESS?
- WHY YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR BREATHABILITY AND WICKABILITY IN COLD WEATHER WORKWEAR
- 6 MOST DURABLE COLD WEATHER WORK BOOTS FOR MEN
- CASE STUDY: KEEPING CREWS ON THEIR FEET WITH PROPER FOOTWEAR
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE WORKBOOT
- HOW TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR WORK BOOTS
- HOW TO FIND THE PERFECT WORK BOOTS FOR LANDSCAPING
- THE SCIENCE BEHIND MOISTURE-WICKING SOCKS
- YOUR FEET WILL THANK YOU FOR WEARING THESE WORK BOOTS
- 5 TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST WORK BOOT
- TOP 5 WATERPROOF WORK GLOVES
- 5 UTILITY GLOVES THAT KEEP YOU WARM IN EXTREME COLD
- GIVE COLD THE FINGER: TOP 5 FEATURES OF PREMIUM GLOVES
- HOW TO USE GLOVE LINERS
- TOP 3 ADVANTAGES OF PERFORMANCE GLOVES
- 3 WAYS TOUCHSCREEN GLOVES MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER
- TOP 4 THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN WATERPROOF GLOVES
- HOW TO WEAR GLOVE LINERS ON THE JOB
- 9 WORK GLOVES BUILT FOR SERIOUS PROTECTION AND PERFORMANCE
- 9 MUST-HAVE FEATURES FOR WAREHOUSE WORK GLOVES
- Use & Care
- 10 ESSENTIAL PIECES OF COLD WEATHER GEAR FOR FARMERS
- 10 TIPS FOR WORKING SAFELY IN COLD WEATHER
- 3 REASONS WHY FREEZER SUITS ARE ESSENTIAL FOR WORKING IN THE COLD
- A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO WORKING OUTSIDE
- ADVANTAGES OF SYNTHETIC INSULATION
- COLD WEATHER GEAR FOR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
- HOW TO AVOID DRAFTS IN COLD WEATHER WORK CLOTHES
- HOW TO STAY WARM FROM HEAD TO TOE IN COLD WEATHER
- HOW TO STAY WARM ON THE JOB SITE
- HOW TO STORE WINTER WORKWEAR FOR THE SUMMER
- HOW TO USE REFRIGIWEAR COMFORT RATINGS TO CHOOSE INSULATED GEAR
- THE HEALTH RISKS OF WEARING TOO MUCH COLD WEATHER GEAR
- THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER FOOT CARE WHEN WORKING IN THE COLD
- THE ULTIMATE SAFETY CHECKLIST FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS IN COLD CONDITIONS
- WHAT SHOULD I WEAR FOR SNOWMOBILING?
- WHAT’S THE TOUGHEST GEAR FOR COLD WEATHER?
- WHICH TYPE OF SLEEVE IS RIGHT FOR YOUR WINTER ACTIVITY?
- TOP 5 COLDEST AMERICAN CITIES AND HOW TO STAY WARM
- TOP 4 TIPS FOR WORKING IN THE RAIN
- 5 TIPS FOR MOTORCYCLING IN WINTER
- HOW TO DRESS FOR THE COLD IN 4 EASY STEPS
- A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO STAYING WARM WHILE WORKING IN THE COLD
- HOW TO STAY WARM WHEN WORKING IN THE COLD
HOW TO WASH INSULATED OVERALLS AND COVERALLS
It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it. Right now, that someone is you.
So how do you wash insulated overalls and coveralls to get rid of the grease, grit and gunk? This handy guide will explain how to clean your gear in a few simple steps.
How Do I Clean Insulated Overalls and Coveralls?
If you work in the cold, you know how much you depend on warm winter workwear to keep you protected and comfortable on the job. That warmth and protection is what makes insulated bib overalls and coveralls from RefrigiWear such a great value: they're amazingly warm, super comfortable and built to last.
But even the toughest, most durable work wear needs a little care every now and then. Our insulated workwear is easy to care for because we know you don't have time to waste on high-maintenance gear - you've got work to do!
Warm work overalls and coveralls from RefrigiWear can be cleaned in standard residential washing machines following these easy steps:
- Check and empty all your pockets. Your RefrigiWear gear may have handwarmer pockets, chest pockets, zippered pockets or interior pockets and you don't want to wash small tools or electronics by mistake.
- Wash insulated overalls and coveralls separately from other laundry. Use a mild detergent and warm water (less than 104°F).
- When they're done in the wash, toss insulated overalls or coveralls into the dryer on the lowest heat setting for no more than 10 minutes, just enough to dry out the straps and trim. Then, hang them up to finish air drying. It takes a little longer, but air drying is safer for the material inside your overalls and coveralls, plus it helps them last longer. A fan can help get the job done faster.
That's it! A few minutes of care every 2 to 3 weeks will keep your work overalls and coveralls feeling comfortable and looking great.
How Often Should I Wash Insulated Overalls and Coveralls?
Unless you have a really, really dirty job, you can wash your work coveralls and overalls every 2 to 3 weeks.
If you need to get a little everyday dirt off without a full wash cycle, you can spot clean insulated work overalls and coveralls with a soft, dry brush or a wet cloth.
Can I Dry Clean Insulated Work Overalls and Coveralls?
No, dry cleaning processes can damage insulated fabrics.
Many people think that dry cleaning is safer and more effective, but it's not safe for all types of work clothes. Dry cleaning insulated overalls or coveralls will make their fabrics break down much faster, meaning they won't last you nearly as long.
How to Make Insulated Overalls and Coveralls Last Longer
With just a little cleaning and care, you can extend the life of your RefrigiWear work overalls. Care for them correctly and your insulated overalls will keep giving you reliable protection from the cold for years to come!
Need a great pair of heavy-duty overalls or coveralls? We've got you covered! Shop the full collection of RefrigiWear insulated pants, bib overalls and coveralls.